Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amitghaste
Contributor II
Contributor II

Selections get reset when switching apps in a mashup

Hi Experts,

I have a simple mashup that I created to test out the selection model, using Angular JS. I have attached my code, along with my sample "apps", pardon the crude code as I am still just trying things out.

What do I want to do?

I want to apply selections between two apps when I switch back and forth between them.

What did I do to make it happen?

when I select a value, I store it in the localStorage, when I switch an app, I retrieve it from the localStorage and use field.selectValues to set the values.

me.qapp.getList("SelectionObject", function(reply) {
					console.log(reply.qSelectionObject.qSelections);
					localStorage.setItem("dashboardSelection", JSON.stringify(reply.qSelectionObject.qSelections))
					//me.store();
				});
promiseArray.push(fld.selectValues( valArray, true, true ));

What actually happens?

when I switch to the second app, the values get selected, but when I switch back to the original app, it gets reset.

From the bind, I can see it getting triggered to set it to empty after the select values are completed.

I am using the promises wherever a function returns one, and q.all to wait for. I even introduced app.lockAll and app.unlockAll to act as a trigger mechanism for setting the values.

I even introduced waitForOpen to see if it would help with the timing.

app.model.waitForOpen.promise.then

Thank you

AG

Console Log

my-angular-module.js:140 S {fieldCache: {…}, stateCache: {…}, qEvent: t, close: ƒ, id: "1d0e9665-1a42-41ca-bd4c-4552fdff4dc7", …}
my-angular-module.js:143 App {_super: undefined, rpcOptions: {…}, session: d, waitForOpen: u, notification: ƒ, …}
my-angular-module.js:145 apply selections
my-angular-module.js:40 []
my-angular-module.js:72 []
my-angular-module.js:78 []
my-angular-module.js:78 [{…}]

my-angular-module.js:112 n {OnData: n, qapp: S, selections: Array(0), stateName: "$"}
my-angular-module.js:115 []
my-angular-module.js:140 S {fieldCache: {…}, stateCache: {…}, qEvent: t, close: ƒ, id: "1ff9edf1-9815-451f-8ff6-e23a3a21eb11", …}
my-angular-module.js:143 App {_super: undefined, rpcOptions: {…}, session: d, waitForOpen: u, notification: ƒ, …}
my-angular-module.js:40 [{"qTotal":5,"qField":"COl1","qSelectedCount":1,"qSelected":"A","qRangeInfo":[],"qSortIndex":0,"qStateCounts":{"qLocked":0,"qSelected":1,"qOption":0,"qDeselected":0,"qAlternative":4,"qExcluded":0,"qSelectedExcluded":0,"qLockedExcluded":0},"qSelectedFieldSelectionInfo":[{"qName":"A","qFieldSelectionMode":"NORMAL"}],"qNotSelectedFieldSelectionInfo":[],"qSelectionThreshold":6}]
my-angular-module.js:59 ["A"]
my-angular-module.js:78 [{…}]

my-angular-module.js:112 n {OnData: n, qapp: S, selections: Array(1), stateName: "$", …}
my-angular-module.js:115 [e]
my-angular-module.js:140 S {fieldCache: {…}, stateCache: {…}, qEvent: t, close: ƒ, id: "1d0e9665-1a42-41ca-bd4c-4552fdff4dc7", …}
my-angular-module.js:40 [{"qTotal":5,"qField":"COl1","qSelectedCount":1,"qSelected":"A","qRangeInfo":[],"qSortIndex":0,"qStateCounts":{"qLocked":0,"qSelected":1,"qOption":0,"qDeselected":0,"qAlternative":4,"qExcluded":0,"qSelectedExcluded":0,"qLockedExcluded":0},"qSelectedFieldSelectionInfo":[{"qName":"A","qFieldSelectionMode":"NORMAL"}],"qNotSelectedFieldSelectionInfo":[],"qSelectionThreshold":6}]
my-angular-module.js:59 ["A"]
my-angular-module.js:78 []

Labels (2)
2 Replies
treysmithdev
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Could it be that your session in the first app is closing when switching to the second app? 

Blog: WhereClause   Twitter: @treysmithdev
amitghaste
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I found the answer for this.

it has to do with 

fld.selectValues( valArray, true, true )

should instead be

fld.selectValues( valArray, false, true )

For some reason, the toggle attribute does not seem to work as I was expecting it too.