Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maxim1500
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Switching between alternative measures using API

Hi,

I would need to change the active measure on a chart based on a combo box selection in my mashup. The measures are defined in the measures section. I thought the easiest way to do this would be to assign all the measures as alternatives dimensions and set the active one using the mashup API. But I cannot find the method to set the active alternative measure in the documentation.

Is there an API method to set the active measure in a chart? Otherwise, can we change programmatically the measure? I know I can set variables, but I cannot call a measure using a variable as far as I know...

Thank you!

7 Replies
maxim1500
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Actually, I think the alternative dimension idea won't work... I need KPIs to change also, and they don't support alternative dimensions...

Not applicable

Hi,

You can switch or change measures and dimensions with the Qlik Sense .NET SDK ‒ Qlik Sense, You can find more examples on Qlik Branch.

Best regards

Lars-Göran Book

ErikWetterberg

Hi Maxime,

You could use a variable instead and use the variable extension on Qlik Branch. That way you could also change a number of charts, KPIs etc at the same time, with just one click.

Hope this helps

Erik

maxim1500
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi,

I figured out how to change the formulas or part of them using variables, but is it possible to point to a predefined measure?

Thanks!

hacr
Creator
Creator

I'm currently searching for similar idea. Did you find a solution using the API?

maxim1500
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Hans,

I did not find how to point to predefined measures, but we are now using variables for each measure, so it would be easy to switch between them.

For example:

LET vL.ClientCost = SUM([Client Costs Field])

LET vL.ClientRevenue = SUM([Client Revenues Field])

LET vL.SwappableMetric = $(vL.ClientCost)

And in your metrics, you could simply use the variable value.

For example, My [Client Costs] metric would be $(vL.ClientCost).

Hope this helps!

hacr
Creator
Creator

Hi Maxime

Thank you for the response! I decided to go another route and generate the Qlik graphs "on the fly" in JavaScript, allowing dynamic switch between dimensions/measures/graph type etc. throught the front-end.