cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonvitale
Creator III
Creator III

Updating Properties in Measure via Engine API

I am using the Engine to update Master Measures via API. I am able to use the "ApplyPatches" method to successfully change the property of a master measure. For example, I have a master measure with the title "Loaded Measure". Using the following API call I can change that measure title to "New Title"

Capture.PNG

Here is a call to GetProperties method for that measure. It shows that the title has been successfully changed to "New Title".

Capture.PNG

However, when I go back to the app to see my update, I notice something strange. In the Master Measures panel the measure has its old title, "Loaded Measure". When I click on that measure and edit I see the new title, "New Title". I can click save and the title will be changed in the panel and anywhere else it is being displayed in the app. But the problem is that I am changing a whole bunch of master measures through the API. I don't want to have to go back through each one and click "save" to make them reflect API changes. There must be a way to make this happen through the API. In essence, in the following screenshot I would want to see "New Title" in all places as soon as ran the API functions.

Capture.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErikWetterberg

And if you do a refresh? Doesn't everything get updated then?

Erik Wetterberg

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ErikWetterberg

And if you do a refresh? Doesn't everything get updated then?

Erik Wetterberg

jonvitale
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yeah, you're right. I just needed to clear the cache too. Thanks

colinfly88
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi there, could you provide more information on how to “refresh” via the engine? My changes are not persisting when I change dimensions or measures.
liuis
Contributor II
Contributor II

Here is noted, that ApplyPatches only affects current session.

I'm not sure if it is correct, but I also can see changes I made by ApplyPatches only inside current session.

But SetProperties method worked for me fine.