Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
10dulkar
Contributor II
Contributor II

User added manually not getting synced in UDC.

Hi,

I am importing my users in Qlik Sense through SQL Tables via UDC. The authorization is working fine for all existing users.

However, when I tried to manually add a new user into the SQL Table & then sync, the user is not getting reflected in my UDC.

There seem to be no issues in the sync & the sync task shows as being completed successfully.

The end user gets "Access is denied" error on viewing the report link.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mahesh.

4 Replies
kevinalvino
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Mahesh,

Can i confim several things with you ?

1. Make sure of the connection properties for the SQL. ( The Connection String, the table )

2. No Error Message or Pop up when opening the Edit menu? or Is in the overview , the Configured or Operational status is Yes?

3. After Sync successful, is the user added in the Users Menu (Manage Content) ?

4. Access Denied is in the Hub or QMC ? if HUB, already allocate the user and have spare token to use in the License Management ?

Thanks.

Kevin

10dulkar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Kevin,

Please see my responses below :

1. Make sure of the connection properties for the SQL. ( The Connection String, the table ) -- Both connection string & table are good. The sync is working fine for existing users.

2. No Error Message or Pop up when opening the Edit menu? or Is in the overview , the Configured or Operational status is Yes?  - No Error message when opening the edit menu.

The Configured / Operational status is Yes.

3. After Sync successful, is the user added in the Users Menu (Manage Content) ? -- No the user is not getting added

in the Users Menu.

4. Access Denied is in the Hub or QMC ? if HUB, already allocate the user and have spare token to use in the License Management ? -- Access is denied to the Hub.

Kindly help..

kevinalvino
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Mahesh,

Based on Question number 3, what i can say is:

Yes, you have successfully connected to the SQL database based on answer number 1, but if you enter new user in the SQL table ( Using Insert Statement) in the *Stated Table Name in the Connection*, and connected to the "Right" Database server, the Users will be updated after Sync (There is a case, where i have 1 for backup and 1 for testing, and both are similar but different IP, and i forgot to change it).

Just tested it out in my local system, adding new user in the SQL database and sync the UDC, the user is reflected in the Users list.

One more thing, if the users is added, check if the users registered in the Computer Management. SQL database not used for authentication, it only take the username to be registered in the user,not password.

To login, use windows authentication password created beforehand for the related user.

Thanks,

Kevin

govind-kulkarni
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Mahesh,

Did you find the resolution? as I am also facing the same problem. My UDC connection is setup properly and when I click on Sync, sync will be completed successfully, but when I move to Users I don't see the new users added to the SQL database(Postgresql in my case).

@kevinalvinoplease help, if you have any further troubleshooting steps.

Thanks

Govind