Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stascher
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

qlik-multi-kpi becomes an Invalid Visualization

Hello,

We have many extensions installed on our server, including the qlik-multi-kpi extension. We have an issue where, every month or so, any app that uses the qlik-multi-kpi suddenly starts showing "Invalid Visualization. The visulaization was not found on the server. The extension is not available: qlik-multi-kpi".   If I go into the QMC's Extensions list, I CAN see the extension is there. If I go to the QlikShare/StaticContent/Extensions folder.. it's there too!

If I delete/reinstall the extension it appears again. Obviously that's an unacceptable solution if it's got to be done monthly. Has anyone else experienced this problem?  Our server is on Nov 2018, patch 2, soon to be upgraded, which I know is old, but it seems strange that this problem only affects one extension.

Thanks,

Steve

Labels (1)
3 Replies
ErikWetterberg

Hi,

You get this error not only when the extension is not available on the server at all, but also when the is a problem loading it. The next time this happens, open the browser console and look for errors, like javascript error or HTTP 404 Not Found.

When it happens, does it affect all users (and browsers) at the same time? What browser do you use? Could you try with another one?

stascher
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

HI Eric,

Yes, it happens with all browsers and applications at the same time. We generally use Chrome. Not sure if it's a problem on other browsers, but I'll check. 

The next time it happens I'll open the console window and see if there's anything obvious. 

Thanks,

Steve

Sai_S
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hello Steve,

Were you able to find a solution for this?

We are facing same issue (Qlik Sense Nov 2018 IR)

Regards,

SS