Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

rest connector on Google Analytics

We tried to load Google Analytics data using metrics and dimensions in QlikSense but I think we have missed something.

We were based on the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJpwJLSEpaU

that shows how to access to Google Analytics Metrics using the REST connector

Attached, you will find a description of the steps in QlikSense and Google Analytics for Developers. The expected result is a table with, for each value of Dimension in a column, we should have its metric value in an other column. The fact is : the dimensions values (browsers) and the metrics (sessions) are in the same field @Value_u0. How can we get the dimension value in one column and the metrics values in another column ?

Thanks for replying

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I have exactly the same problem. Data is all over the place in different tables. Can someone give some advice how to actually use this connector when it comes to selecting data?

Not applicable
Author

Simple workaround solution that I discovered is to use Google Sheets with SuperMetrics add-on. Let SuperMetrics crab data from source(s) and structure it to table(s) in Google Sheets. Then publish spreadsheet as Excel and use the link as web file connection in Sense.

SuperMetrics Pro version will cost around 50€ per month depending on purchase model. Small price to pay compared to QVSource connectors or to hassle one has to go through with REST Connector.