Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding an action button to a straight table.

Hello all, I've been using Qlik for about a year now at my job but I'm just diving in to learning the Extension API and I'm not sure where to go from here. 

In my current situation, I need to develop an extension that will allow me to add a button to a straight table and program actions to navigate to a different sheet within the app. I've found the appropriate functions in the Nav API to achieve this.  I've found instruction on how to create an action button that is its own object in the sheet, but nothing about adding a button or input type to the table header. 

If anyone could point me to some other resources that could help me achieve this, or if you have any advice of your own; I'm always open and appreciative.

EDIT: Also, if anyone knows of an existing extension that will allow me to do something similar to this let me know. I've already looked at a lot of different exts on Branch but none of them have given us the functionality we need. If it was up to me I would just use the tab containers extension to achieve this but my superior thinks it won't be intuitive for the user. 

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help Tushar. We decided to go with the Tab Container extension for Qlik Sense and it has been sufficient for our needs. I'll be closing the topic now. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
tush
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

I am not sure about that but i think if you try to merge the code of 2 extensions then it will be possible.

1} AnyChart extension contains all types of chart you can find JavaScript file in that you will find the code for straight table

2} Sense Navigation is an another extension which is useful for navigating between the sheets, same in that you can find JavaScript file.

Not sure but by merging that two source code hopefully you can find the solution. 

Thanks

Tushar

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello, thanks for your time Tushar.
Combining two extensions was an idea I was playing with in my head.
I know very basic javascript so interpreting some of the source code in these extensions has been difficult.

tush
Creator II
Creator II

Yes,

Actually i tried it but after merging that code in particular JavaScript file, it produce huge amount of ambiguity and affects the performance. if i found any solution i will definitely post here.

Thanks

Tushar

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help Tushar. We decided to go with the Tab Container extension for Qlik Sense and it has been sufficient for our needs. I'll be closing the topic now. 

tush
Creator II
Creator II

Okay Great,

Thank you

Thanks

Tushar

manikandanpn
Contributor
Contributor

Could you please share the extension