Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marksouzacosta
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

App.GetDatabases and Hub.GetDatabasesFromConnectionString methods not working for CUSTOM data source

Good day everyone,

I have three connections setup in Qlik Sense:
2 x for Microsoft SQL Server and 1 x for Oracle - those are not ODBC or OLE DB connections but the specific ones provided by Qlik Sense during the Create new connection wizardThose connections are working properly in Qlik Sense Apps.

In QMC those connection Types are displayed as QvOdbcConnectorPackage.exe and the connection strings are like CUSTOM CONNECT TO .... bla bla

I have a .NET app that uses the App.GetDatabases Method to list the Databases from Qlik Sense Connections and this method works pretty well for OLE DB and ODBC connections but it is not working at all with the three connections that I have listed above. The method is not returning any error, it just doesn't list the databases.

I have also tried the Hub.GetDatabasesFromConnectionString Method but this is also not working.

According to the API documentation, both methods are supposed to work with OLE DB, ODBC and CUSTOM data sources.

Can anybody here help me to solve this problem?

@Øystein_Kolsrud sorry about summoning you but I think you may have the answer.

Thank you,

Mark Costa

Read more at Data Voyagers - datavoyagers.net
3 Replies
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

Sorry, I don't know much about data connectors, so I can't help you much here. But the two SDK methods you refer to map directly to these calls in the Engine API:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/February2019/APIs/EngineAPI/services-Doc-GetDatabases.ht...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/February2019/APIs/EngineAPI/services-Global-GetDatabases...

The second one of those pages has a link to this page:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/February2019/Subsystems/EngineAPI/Content/Sense_EngineAP...

I don't know if that helps you or not though...

marksouzacosta
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thank you Yko.

I already have used the Qlik Sense Dev Hub to try those Engine API calls and I got exactly the same result.
I'm starting to think that Qlik Sense doesn't use its API to handle the custom connections, maybe it is something else outside of it.

Regards,

Mark Costa

Read more at Data Voyagers - datavoyagers.net
Armando
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @marksouzacosta  

I hope you are well, I have been trying to use the method GetDatabases but I am dealing with the same issue. It seems that I can call this method but it is not returning anything.

{
"jsonrpc": "2.0",
"id": 7,
"delta": true,
"result": {
"qDatabases": []
}
}

I have tried with different connections such as SQL Server, Redshift, PostgreSQL, but it does not return any information. I have also used the Engine API explorer and another client (Google Chrome extension). Could you please tell me if you found a solution to this problem?

Thank you for your time.