Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
freinholdson
Partner - Contributor III

Auto / Batch Export apps to qvf from Qlik Sense Server

Hello everyone!

Is it possible to somehow export apps from a Qlik Sense Server into qvf files without manually going into QMC > Apps > More Actions > Export? We are looking for a way to export qvf files to local storage so that these can be picked up and used offline in Qlik Sense Desktop by customers (e.g. on a flight).

What I really would like is a reload task in the QMC with the possibility to export an app into a qvf and place it locally on the server. Since that is not currently supported, could it be possible to mimic that functionality with a batch job or through an api / mashup?

Would be great if anyone can share their thoughts on this!

13 Replies
Not applicable

I am interested to see what the "official" response might be to this...

My thoughts - the apps look to be stored on your install server, under Qlik\Sense\Apps\ except without the useful app name...

Perhaps a batch file to copy the files to a specific location?

There is probably an API which gets the user friendly app name from its GUID

freinholdson
Author

Yes, I would like an official answer as well.

It worked to copy the binary files on the server under "C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Apps" and then change the name from the app id to the user friendly app name + .qvf? I guess it would be possible to build a Sense-app that connects to the PostgresSQL and gets the app GUIDs as well as the user friendly names so that we can export a list of apps and their GUIDs...

...Then we could build a batch file that copies the binary files to another folder and then changes their name to "UserFriendlyAppName.qvf".  I do however not know if this is recommended, what if a user works with an app at the same time that we are copying it?

konrad_mattheis
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

we are working on such an extension on the server side. I will give you an hint if this version is ready.

bye

Konrad

freinholdson
Author

Nice to hear! Would be great if you could share your findings later! Thank you!

Uday_Pasupuleti
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

HI Filip,

Did you find the solution for this?

Thanks,

Uday

freinholdson
Author

Unfortunately not. It should be possible to do this with some development that takes advantage of the Sense APIs but there is no solution out of the box for this.

konrad_mattheis
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Filip,

we have done our solution.

We call it AAF (akquinet administration framework).

The current Version can:

* full backup off all Apps

* automatic export of Apps after Task finish (very nice for binary load situations)

* automatic export of Apps after Save (for Versions,..)

* email with attached script log after failed task.

Everything is controlled with custom properties that are attached to tasks and apps.

If you are interested just contact me direkt. In short term we will publish it to the qlik market.

bye

Konrad

stefan_mestas
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Konrad,

I am quite interested in the functionalities our extension provide. anyway we can test it?

Thanks

Stefan

konrad_mattheis
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Please write me a personal message with your email.