Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Common field selection in mashup from different Qlik Sense applications

Hi All,

I have made a mashup by integrating charts from two different Qlik Sense applications, lets say application A & B, and I have a common field XYZ based upon which I'm trying to do selections on the mashup page, the field XYZ is a common field present in both the applications.When I tried doing the selection on the filter pane which is coming from application A in the mashup page it only reflects on the charts from appA not appB though the field is present in both.

Can anyone suggetst me a way around or possible solutions ?

Thanks,

Abhishek

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vincenzo_Esposito

First of all you need to fatchthe data from all your apps (createCube method ‒ Qlik Sense). Eventually merge them togheter and create a simple filter (select Box or multiple selection box), Then the trigger need to call the select Value methos on all the surce app selectValues method ‒ Qlik Sense   .In this way a single selection impact all objects in your mashup, even id coming from different apps.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Vincenzo_Esposito

If you've built a mashup, what I normally do to apply a common filter between objects coming from two different application (with or without the common filed name),  is expose a self-made filter and applying the selections to both apps.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can u suggest any way to achieve this(creating self made filter) ? We are having objects coming from 3 different qlik sense applications..and selections are applied only for one application objects..

Vincenzo_Esposito

First of all you need to fatchthe data from all your apps (createCube method ‒ Qlik Sense). Eventually merge them togheter and create a simple filter (select Box or multiple selection box), Then the trigger need to call the select Value methos on all the surce app selectValues method ‒ Qlik Sense   .In this way a single selection impact all objects in your mashup, even id coming from different apps.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Being new to qlik sense I am a bit confused about the approach .Can u please elaborate on the steps to achieve this ?

"create a simple filter (select Box or multiple selection box)" - shall I create a new filter or can I use the filter pane object available from one of the QVF's?

"Then the trigger need to call the select Value methos on all the surce app" - Not sure about this can u please elaborate ?

Thanks for your help response.Much appreciated.

Vincenzo_Esposito

It's quite challenging to advise you on a mashup without a clear skill level to rely on. When comes to Mashup, keeping it as simple as possible, you can just put objects coming from Qlik Sense Apps all together using iFrames, or you can access data coming from QIX Engine and using them to build your application.

I basically referring to the second options. You can retrieve data using the link sent earlier; data comes in JSON format (eg. the list of regions). You can present them using the standard HTML forms (es. <SELECT ..tag) and loop with the <OPTION on the data retrieved form Qlik. Then use the standard javascript method (eg. onselect() method) to trigger the select function where you need to call the selectValue method (see the link sent in the previous answer).

Hope it's more clear now

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your time and help ! Would try that

shayraber
Creator
Creator

hi Vicenzo,

regarding your reply, can please try and explain what's being done, when using a hypercube?

i'm also facing an issue of selection in one field that effecting other field from different app (with the same name) when using a mashup

i don't the details but if you could try to explain, step by step, what are the taken in order to achieve that?

Qlikuser09
Creator II
Creator II

How to build a self-made filter in a mashup