Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maxim1500
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Creating a snapshot from Qlik Engine API

Hi,

Based on the API documentation, it is possible to create a snapshot from the Engine API. I spent some time trying to understand this page, but there are a couple of mysteries left. First, it doesn't appear to create a snapshot object. It only creates a bookmark and calls EmbedSnapshotObject, which seems to create an association between the slide item and the bookmark.

Also, when creating the slideItem, we pass this property:

"qEmbeddedSnapshotDef": {

"MySelections": "First quarter"

}

There are no explanation on what this is and what is expected. If I look at a real snapshot, I get something really exhaustive in the qEmbeddedSnapshot.

How can we specify exactly which chart to show on the slide? The snapshot object appears to be created in client.js, so it would not be possible to create it with a server call?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxim1500
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

After some research, I can confirm that it is impossible to do using the current APIs. Snapshot appears to be a special bookmark object with additionnal state data, which is stored in the private client api.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
maxim1500
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I forgot to put the link to the doc page: Add a snapshot to a generic object ‒ Qlik Sense

maxim1500
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

After some research, I can confirm that it is impossible to do using the current APIs. Snapshot appears to be a special bookmark object with additionnal state data, which is stored in the private client api.

elias_atalay
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi,

Can you please share the method you used? I'm looking the method to snapshot on click button from an extension.

Thanks!