Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prabhuappu
Creator II
Creator II

Creating custom property in Qliksense extension!!!

Hi,

I want to create a custom property as in the below screenshot. It is not for dimension or expression. When user selects add / create it will add an entry as highlighted in yellow. when expanding, it should show some properties correspond to that. How to create that or is there any documentation available to learn that, Please help.

Add.PNG

Expand.PNG

Regards,

Prabhu Appu

4 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

You can see an example here WaterfallChart/waterfall.js at master · mindspank/WaterfallChart · GitHub that produces this properties page

properties.PNG

The official documentation for the properties definition is available here https://help.qlik.com/sense/2.0/en-us/developer/Subsystems/Extensions/Content/Overview/visualization...

I hope that helps you get started.

prabhuappu
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi All,

Thanks for the reply.

But what i need is something different. In the below extension  property there is a create button which is used to add category. And when we expand that there is a delete button to delete that category. I want some thing like this.  I found this code from Qlikbranch CSS Menu extension.

http://branch.qlik.com/projects/showthread.php?531-Sheet-menu-for-Qlik-Sense&highlight=css+menu

Create.PNG

I couldn't understand the code completely. They have used a type as array and one more property addTranslation: "Common.Create".

Anyone have idea on how this is created and how to use this property or any documentation for these.

cats: {

type: "array",

label: "Categories",

addTranslation: "Common.Create",

component: "CSSMenu-Cats",

ref: "cats",

}

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Prabhu Appu

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

That is undocumented and also un-supported so I would not go down that route.