Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Integration, Extensions, & APIs

Discussion board where members can learn more about Integration, Extensions and API’s for Qlik Sense.

prabhuappu
Contributor II

Creating custom property in Qliksense extension!!!

Hi,

I want to create a custom property as in the below screenshot. It is not for dimension or expression. When user selects add / create it will add an entry as highlighted in yellow. when expanding, it should show some properties correspond to that. How to create that or is there any documentation available to learn that, Please help.

Add.PNG

Expand.PNG

Regards,

Prabhu Appu

4 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: Creating custom property in Qliksense extension!!!

You can see an example here WaterfallChart/waterfall.js at master · mindspank/WaterfallChart · GitHub that produces this properties page

properties.PNG

The official documentation for the properties definition is available here https://help.qlik.com/sense/2.0/en-us/developer/Subsystems/Extensions/Content/Overview/visualization...

I hope that helps you get started.

Not applicable

prabhuappu
Contributor II

Hi All,

Thanks for the reply.

But what i need is something different. In the below extension  property there is a create button which is used to add category. And when we expand that there is a delete button to delete that category. I want some thing like this.  I found this code from Qlikbranch CSS Menu extension.

http://branch.qlik.com/projects/showthread.php?531-Sheet-menu-for-Qlik-Sense&highlight=css+menu

Create.PNG

I couldn't understand the code completely. They have used a type as array and one more property addTranslation: "Common.Create".

Anyone have idea on how this is created and how to use this property or any documentation for these.

cats: {

type: "array",

label: "Categories",

addTranslation: "Common.Create",

component: "CSSMenu-Cats",

ref: "cats",

}

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Prabhu Appu

Employee
Employee

That is undocumented and also un-supported so I would not go down that route.

Community Browser