Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Current selections lost when loading new page

Hello,

I have created a web-based in the mashup, which is working great so far. I am able to interact with my objects, to filter, make selections and so on and so forth. Unfortunately my "current selections bar" is emptied when I navigate around my dashboard. The problem appears when I want to browse "further down" in the dashboard, and I click on a href that redirects me to a new HTML page. Upon opening the new page I have all my object, but the selections I made on the previous page has been deleted. I still connect to the same js file that provides data from my app to the mashup dashboard, but in the event of browsing to a new page selections are lost.

Any help on keeping selections or tips on how this issue can be avoided will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Marc

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If anyone is interested, we managed to do a workaround on this one. Instead of having multiple html pages, we gathered everything in one html file and used jquerys show/hide function to show specific pages. One important note however, is that you might need to call the qlik resize function ( Q.resize() ) during your site load, as some objects may not appear by default. The resize function should "activate" all objects.

vikasmahajan

Check attached setting in application if it is there remove.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Vikas,

Thank you for your help, but unfortunately my issue is regarding Qlik Sense and not QlikView. The setting you show in the attached picture is not avaliable to set in Qlik Sense.

ErikWetterberg

Hi Marc,

Your workaround appears to be an improvement, since it will probably be faster and take less server resources, but your initial solution should work also...

I guess you made a separate qlik.openApp() call in each page, with a new web socket in the new page. Engine should recognize that they both connect to the same app and if the user is the same connect to the same session. What is your environment?? What authentication do you use??

fernandocalixto
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi, big problem more if is a mashup for mobile device. I found this solution:
http://www.codewander.com/qlik-sense-mashup-apply-filters-across-two-or-more-apps/
Not sure if can fix the problem couse I have not a way to makes it works. So attentive if some one have find another soution.
fernandocalixto
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi, do you have an example of how to use ( Q.resize() ) ?
Regards