Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Custom theme - understanding .qv-object :not([font-family])

I've created a custom theme that is behaving differently in Qlik Sense April 2019 and Qlik Sense September 2019.

I've defined a font-family in my custom css file where qv-object * should have a font different from the default QlikView Sans.  This rendered ok in Qlik Sense April 2019, but on my new Septemer 2019 version the font is overrided back to QlikView Sans due to the formatting set by Qlik. See screenshot of KPI and the dev tool showing which styling is the active for the element. If I uncheck the top styling element it fetches my custom style.

clipboard_image_2.png

My questions are.

What does the  :not([font-family]) do? I assumed that the font family should not be set in this css section. 

How do I get my custom css  .qv-object to override the Qlik default css?

Labels (2)
17 Replies
Armand_van_Amersfoort
Contributor
Contributor

When you change the class ".qv-object :not([font-family])" in your theme.css it will damage all Lui style font that shows icons like "search", "glasses" in your default Qlik Sense App

imtiaz_ullah
Creator
Creator

Yes this is exactly what happens - now all LUI icons don't work - is there a solution to this?

Vegar
MVP
MVP
Author

My workaround was to add the following to my css

.qv-object .lui-caret, .qv-object .lui-checkbox__check, .qv-object .lui-icon {
    font-family: LUI icons;
}

imtiaz_ullah
Creator
Creator

Thanks, that almost works - still a few missing, but I'll figure those out. Thanks

Akshaya45
Contributor II
Contributor II

This is not working for me. All the LUI Icons are appearing Text. Is there any other way to fix this problem please comment. really it will help me.

Thank you

imtiaz_ullah
Creator
Creator

It stopped working for me on the last release. It’s not great from Qlik and their support for this is awful. Most of my dashboards are now broken. 

ErikWetterberg

Try with the selector:

.qv-object :not([font-family]) :not(.lui-icon) {

//your styling here

}

Akshaya45
Contributor II
Contributor II

This is not existing a class name in the Developer Tool. I tried this earlier. 

Thank you for commenting.