Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Default Data Load in Qliksense

Hi . I am loading 2 excel files into Qliksense which have the exact same format but ofcourse different data.

On my dashboard I have a filter pane - Campaign which has 2 options - A (coming from excel 1)& B(coming from excel 2).

I have certain KPI's like reach, email open rate, CTR.

I select either of the 2 campaign A or B and get my metrics. It is working fine

But on opening the dashboard, by default Qliksense is summing up the data from my 2 excels and giving me combined results.

On selecting a particular campaign now, I get the correct data but the default data which is the combination of the 2 excels is not what I want.

Can I select either of the 2 excels as default and get the result from only 1 excel when no selection is made.

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can I select either of the 2 excels as default and get the result from only 1 excel when no selection is made.

No. There's no such thing as a default data load. You'll simply have to make a selection.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Making the selection works but when the dashboard is viewed for the very first time it is summing up the results from my 2 excels. These excels contain data from 2 different campaign and summing them makes no sense. how do I control this?

Vincenzo_Esposito

If summing them have no sense and you will never sum data all togethe, you can split these data in two different tables and use set analysis to sum up data coming from excel1 or excel2.

The syntax you need is something like this

Sum({<field name={excel1}>}costs)

Not applicable
Author

But again will this control the initial load?

I want the data from only excel1 to be displayed when I open the dashboard.

Actually I am creating a master dashboard and the list of my excels will keep on increasing. So on the initial load I just want excel1’s data .