Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steve200
Contributor
Contributor

Dev Hub Extension Editor

How do you disable the Extension Editor functionality in the Qlik Sense Dev Hub? Thanks.

6 Replies
Aiham_Azmeh
Employee
Employee

Hi steve200‌,

You can't but there are some "workarounds", check => Security Rule to restrict Dev Hub for users

I hope this helps

balabhaskarqlik

May be this:

We can achieve it by adding below lines to hub.css file to remove just Dev-Hub, this will not remove help and about links.

li[tid="globalmenu-devhub"] {

display: none;

}

steve200
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you Aiham.

steve200
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you Bala.

Troy1
Contributor III
Contributor III

where do you add this text beginning off the file or end of it. I tried end of it and it didn't work. Can you please show exactly where you make this entry. 

ErikWetterberg

Hi,

If you want to keep the Dev-hub but just hide the extension editor you can do this with some CSS. 

1) Hide the list of visualizations(easy..):

.visualizations {
}

2) Hide the button on the left hand side (the second button, a bit tricky):

li.tool-list:nth-of-type(2n) {
}

If the list is changed in future releases, you might need to change the 2 to something else.

3) Hide the visualizations filter option at the top (a bit complicated..):

.qw .sub-toolbar .header-toolbar[q-title-translation="Devhub.VisualizationExtensions"] {
}

Make a backup copy of the dev-hub CSS file (called dev-hub.1.10.0.css in my Qlik Sense version) and add these three rules at the end of the original.

You should know a few things:

- this just hides the alternatives from the screen. If a user knows the URL to the extension editor he can still open it.

- class names and HTML structure might change in that case this will break, specially since the second rule above is based on the order of the tools.

Good luck!