Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Integration, Extensions, & APIs

Discussion board where members can learn more about Integration, Extensions and API’s for Qlik Sense.

balkamal
New Contributor II

Error in creating Virtual proxy with SAML Authentication with salesforce as ID provider.

Hi all,

I tried to create a virtual proxy with SAML authentication Method with Salesforce as identity provider. I have followed the steps mentioned in the videos showing Qlik Sense SAML configuration Salesforce Part 1 . I have followed all the steps. However, when I tried to create the virtual proxy, it shows an error "invalid signing certificate in the metadata file".

How could I solve this error or is there any other way for this ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
balkamal
New Contributor II

Re: Error in creating Virtual proxy with SAML Authentication with salesforce as ID provider.

Hi all ,

Got this error solved. the Certificates being used by the identity provider in saleforce were expired ones. so I created a new certificate in saleforce and exported IDp metadata and with this i was able to create the SAML virtual proxy.

4 Replies
balabhaskarqlik
Honored Contributor

Re: Error in creating Virtual proxy with SAML Authentication with salesforce as ID provider.

balabhaskarqlik
Honored Contributor

Check this, to create certificates, resolve certificate issues.

Generating Certificate Signing Requests for Trusted Certificates

balkamal
New Contributor II

Hi all ,

Got this error solved. the Certificates being used by the identity provider in saleforce were expired ones. so I created a new certificate in saleforce and exported IDp metadata and with this i was able to create the SAML virtual proxy.

amien
Valued Contributor

can you explain a bit more? because i'm in the same situation.

I had already a working SAML integration, but the certificate changed. I downloaded a new federation metadata xml file and attached it in the virtual proxy. When i did that, the SAML login was working again.

BUT ... now i want to change a setting in the virtual proxy and i got the same error you have. What do i need to do? Uploading a new SP metadata file is not needed right? because i created a new one, and the content is exactly the same as the one uploaded before.

Do i need to import a certificate on the Qlik Sense server?

Community Browser