Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I access my graphics by other computers on my network?

Hello everyone!

I have a question and would like to know if they can help me.

So, I have a server with database, and from it extract the information with several specific views for each sector, for example:

Information that is related to accounting, I created graphs for this purpose.

Information that is related to management services, I created graphics for this purpose.

What happens is that I need to get users to access only the graphics that they belong, as in the examples I quoted the above, and need to have access from outside the company. Today I have the Qlik Sense Desktop.

I've been reading a lot about how to do this, and found some data, using Mashup examples, Workbench, but I can not in any way Qlik access my files without my own computer. The question is: How to make the graphics to be accessed from computers on my network, without my own computer?

I read the .html and .js files, but do not understand what to fill so that they pose be accessed by other machines in my network.

Sorry for the long text, but needed for maximum detail to see if you can help me.

Thanks in advance!

4 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hi Filipe,

It sounds like you could use Qlik Sense Server. Doing anything similar with Qlik Sense Desktop is going to be very hard and in breach of the terms and conditions.

If you have Qlik Sense Server then your users could access your apps through their web browsers just like you do in Qlik Sense Desktop. The Server edition also comes with security and automatic reload of data among a lot of other things which would let you assign which apps can be seen by which users.

This is all out of the box functionality, you actually preview how the apps would look like online either at http://sense-demo.qlik.com or by navigating to http://localhost:4848/hub/ if you have Desktop running.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Alexander!

So I have seen that some can access the Qlik Sense Desktop from outside your network, or even can plublicar your graphics on a web server eg ISS. Just do not understand how this would be done. If I could get someone to show me how this can be done, it would be very useful!

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

You would most likely not use Desktop for this in a production scenario.

But this video tutorial would be a good starting point to get to know the mashup api and the workbench capabilities Qlik Sense - Introduction to Integration and Mash-Ups Part 1 - YouTube

Not applicable
Author

Yes, it's, I have seen that. !!!