Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jialiangyao
Contributor
Contributor

How do I allow access to a Mashup embedded on a webpage?

Hi all,

I have been searching around but I cant seem to wrap my head around how access to a Mashup embedded on a webpage works.

I want to create a Mashup on a webpage hosted on a separate server (WAMP) and allow all users on my intranet and within my access rules to view the visualization through this webpage.

I have created the Mashup and included the html iframe string into my webpage. When my QlikSense Desktop is open, I can view the Mashup through the webpage, but once I close QlikSense Desktop it says "An error occurred. Connection lost. Make sure that QlikSense is working properly....."

To allow others in my stream to view the Mashup, do I have to somehow publish the Mashup to QMC as an app or extension?

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vincenzo_Esposito

Steps taken are correct to target the “Simple Mashup Scenario” where Qlik Sense is in charge to serve the Mashup. In a “Normal Mashup Scenarios” you want to achieve, mashup file are located on your web server and need to point to Qlik Sense resources.

If I were you I would make a large use of the browser console just to check what’s happening. I expect some resources weren’t pointed correctly, this is what usually happen.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Vincenzo_Esposito

Qlik Sense Desktop is designed for personal use only. You can open app from browser pointing to localhost only (it is the only address binded). Others in your network can't connect to your Qlik Sense Desktop through the network pointing to your server/PC. To accomplish this you need to use the server version.

jialiangyao
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Vincenzo,

I do have the server version with a valid licence. What I want to accomplish is

1. Create a sheet on my desktop.

2. Publish it to server for my users to view.

3. Embed this sheet using html iframe on a separate webpage that is not hosted on my QlikSense Server.

I have done steps 1 and 2 but I am not sure how to accomplish step 3.

Currently I am following the steps listed here

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/April2018/Subsystems/Mashups/Content/Howtos/mashups-depl...

I have just created the mashup, zipped and imported it into my QMC --> extensions, but when I open my webpage I cant see any of the visualizations. Are there any specific areas I should look at to trouble shoot?

Steps taken were:

1. Upload app into repository

2. Create QEXT , JS, html , CSS & wbl files.

3. Link JS file to app id.

4. Zip all files and upload ito QMC extensions.

5. View result by replacing https://<ServerName>/extensions/<MashupName>/<MashupName>.html with the appropriate server and mashup names.

Vincenzo_Esposito

Steps taken are correct to target the “Simple Mashup Scenario” where Qlik Sense is in charge to serve the Mashup. In a “Normal Mashup Scenarios” you want to achieve, mashup file are located on your web server and need to point to Qlik Sense resources.

If I were you I would make a large use of the browser console just to check what’s happening. I expect some resources weren’t pointed correctly, this is what usually happen.

jialiangyao
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Vincenzo! I found out that the app ID was pointing wrongly, I have now got it to work on my webpage.