Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wangxusq
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to embed a Qlik Sense chart on a website

Hi everybody,

I used the single configurator to get  the iframe, and then input it into a HTML file.But when I open the HTML file, it always makes me input the account and the password. It is obvious that it has some problems. I hope when I open the HTMLfile,I do not need to input the account and the password.

So I try to use the ticket,but failed. Maybe I used it in a wrong way.Please help me .Thanks.

Please see the attachments.

8 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

If you would not need to give a username and password, you would effectively by-pass the Qlik Sense licensing system as that way millions of people could use that chart (and all other objects) you put in an iFrame without the need of a token per person.

If there is a specific need for that one chart to be displayed on the web, contact your local Qlik office and have a good conversation. Maybe we can offer you an alternative license to make what you have in mind possible.

May you live in interesting times!
wangxusq
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

In fact, our requirement is that we have a system.Now we want to input sense reports into the system, of course ,we have to consider the Authority. But when we login the system, if we use the iframe, then we must input the sense accout and password again. So could you give me some advise? Thanks.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve or what your requirement is, as "use an iFrame" is probably a solution of the actual requirement.

Could you explain what the actual requirement is or what you are trying to achieve? The more you can share the better.

wangxusq
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I am sorry and thanks very much for answering my question.

My actual requirement is that we have a finace system (this system uses java、css、HTML and so on) and we also developed many qliksense reports.Now we need embed the qliksense reports in our finance system.So we "use an iFrame“. As you know, when we login the finance system,we need to  input the finance system account and password. But the iFrame also relate to the sense server, so we must input the sense account and password. As belows:

sense windows authority needed!!

3.png

When we login the system ,we input the finance account and password ,what's more we also need to input the sense username and password again. What terrible experience! So we think that whether when we login the finance account,we can get sense ticket ,then we do not need to input the sense account and password again.we do not  need to the second Login! But we need that the different person who login the finance system has different authority for sense reports,that is to say , see the different data in the finance sense reports.

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

This might be a little off topic, but if you are not aware if it already, then this tool might be of interest to you:

Qlik Explorer for Developers is here!

One of the benefits of that tool is to make it easier to produce iframes for embedding objects in websites.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Sounds like you would need a ticketing solution or something similar. You want to "forward" the login details you use for your finance system to Qlik.

wangxusq
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes,so I open a topic:

how to append sense ticket to URL

So could you help me ? Thanks

wangxusq
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks ,I use this tool, but it also exsits some problem. So I opened a new topic:

how to append sense ticket to URL

Could you help me, thanks