Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to get the current sheet?

I am looking for information on how to get the currently active sheet using .NET SDK. Thanks.

6 Replies
ErikWetterberg

Hi Vlad,

This is actually not so easy... What is your use case? Why do you want to know the current sheet in you .Net application?

The Engine as far as I know does not have a current sheet. This is something that exists in the built-in client and possibly in some mashups.  So if you need to know what sheet the user is currently looking at you would probably need to transfer it from the client, perhaps with an extension. You can get the current sheet though the Navigation API .

Also note that the user can have several sheets opened in different browser tabs (or on a desktop + a mobile device). The user also might have no current sheet, if she is in the app overview, script editor, story....

Hope this helps

Erik Wetterberg

Qlik Sense consultant

Not applicable
Author

Hi Erik, thank you for the reply.

Our qlik app has several sheets. Each sheet displayes a list of people and a set of filtering controls.  The app is embedded into a website via an iframe.

On user action, the website needs to identify which sheet is currently in the view and then locate and get the list of people which has been filtered by the user by current sheet's set of controls.

So, in general, I need to find a way to pass the list of people (ids are fine) from the Qlik app to the .NET app.

From you answer I get that the best course of action is to use qlik controls to initiate the transfer but the whole flow it's still a bit unclear to me...

ErikWetterberg

So you really need the list of peolple rather than the current sheet? If your .Net app uses the same session as the iframe you could simply get the list of people from Qlik Engine and it will contain the current selection state, and be updated as the user makes selections.

Hope this helps

Erik Wetterberg

Qlik Sense consultant

Not applicable
Author

True, eventually, but there is a list of people in each sheet. And I need the one from the sheet that is currently on the screen for the user. So in my mind I need to know the current sheet first.

ErikWetterberg

And are the lists based on the same field in the data model?

Erik

Not applicable
Author

Sorry for the late reply, was sick.

Eric, No, each sheet has a different list and in fact, some sheets don't even have lists at all - maybe some charts or other kind of visualizations. The selections on one sheet do not affect visualizations on other sheets - just on the current one.

Could you please clarify on your previous answer:

> If your .Net app uses the same session as the iframe you could simply get the list of people from Qlik Engine and it will contain the current selection state.

How can I tell if the .net app uses the same session as the iframe and what would be a way to get the list in this case?

Thank you very much.