Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Invalid Visualization Error - Viewing Extensions embedded in a HTML / ASp.Net page

Hi All,

We are in the process of creating reports using QlikSense. We have a scenario where we need to use a slider extensions. The slider works fine when viewed from Qlik Sense tool. But i am getting an "Invalid Visualization..."error when accessing it from a ASP.NET page through an browser. (Attached the images for reference).

On looking into the error using the browser console could see the below errors.

Even tried creating a simple extension "Hello World", but still the same error when accessed using a ASP.NET page.

6 Replies
ErikWetterberg

Hi,

Looks like you are trying to do this with a desktop install, which does not work. You need to use a server installation.

Hope this helps

Erik

Not applicable
Author

Erik,

Thank you for your response. Even we are facing the same issue with server installation also. It doesn't work in both Desktop and Server installation

ErikWetterberg

What error messages do you get in a server installation? Verify the setup of requirejs baseUrl, it should not point to localhost but to your Qlik Sense server.

Erik

Not applicable
Author

Erik,

Attached the screenshot containing the error that we get when accessing the extensions on a ASP.NET page from a Qlik Sense Server.

The require.js is referred from the Qlik sense server exposed through an external URL.

ErikWetterberg

Are you using a virtual proxy? In that case the proxy should be set up as 'prefix' in the javascript file. The links that you have masked out in the error message do they look OK? Do they work if you try them in a browser URL?

Erik

Not applicable
Author

Erik,

Some more information on the Qlik Sense configuration

• We use the default available virtual proxy, with the prefix field as empty.
  • I am able to browse the URL (masked in my earlier attachment) containing the js files.
  • In the "Default Virtual Proxy" --> "Authentication" --> The "Anonymous access mode" is set as "Allow anonymous users".
  • Web Ticketing is not yet configured yet.
  • Web socket White list origin includes the following
    • localhost
    • Server IP address (where the Qlik Sense and ASP.NET is hosted -- Same server)
    • Internal accessible hostname
    • Publically subdomain name

I was going through a video Using the Qlik Proxy Service Ticketing API with IIS - YouTube which says the URL and headers should contain the xrfkey to prevent the cross-site scripting errors. I have not yet tried this yet.

Appreciate all your efforts..

Thank you.