Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any QlikSense user comments extension?

Hi,

As we know, QlikView has it's "write a note" function, but I never seen familiar function like "add comments or note" in QlikSense. The question is I'm very concern that is there any free and open source about QlikSense Comments or Note extension?

Now I have a idea to develop a extension for QlikSense comments function, there would be a server to save comments contents and also need a QlikSense extension client to support input and save the comments into db or file. But we do not have enough time to develop this extension.

So, would any brothers provide me some helpful information?

Many Thanks.

6 Replies
Todd_Margolis
Employee
Employee

Hi Cavan,

There are a few partner solutions leveraging our APIs that you can purchase for this functionality. There are also some open-source solutions on Qlik Branch you can check out:

Google Annotation Chart

Commentaries extension

Cheers,

Todd

fdarbell
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm also looking for such comment features. Have anyone experimented one of both solutions suggested by Todd?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

New collaboration features for Qlik Sense
Ivan Felipe Asensio | Nov 28, 2018
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/new-collaboration-features-qlik-sense-ivan-felipe-asensio

Read more...

cookiejest
Partner - Contributor III

Hey you can use this:

https://blog.webofwork.com/commentary-extension-for-qlik-sense/

It is free to use and lets you store comments in three ways:

1) Comments for the whole application

2) Comments just for the current selection criteria

3) Comments for the specific comment box you create.

Note: It stores the comments in a cloud database. Contact me if you want to keep data on premise.

Thanks,

Adam

daniel_s-cubed

Hi,

I hope you have found a solution to your request.

If not, then you should take a look at our native Qlik Sense write-back extension "Komment":

Komment 

It only use native Qlik functionality and APIs and hence, it can be installed right away without the involvement of IT. All your comments are stored to QVDs so there is no need for external services or databases.

Happy commenting 

All the best

Daniel

mclemmens
Contributor
Contributor

I've worked with Qommentary before and by far the best commenting solution out there. It has some pretty cool enterprise features like security at stream/app/sheet level, user roles, AD integration and approval workflows.

IMHO, all the other extensions shared in this thread are "ok" as quick commenting solutions, not much governance though. I spent 6 months evaluating solutions, check them out.

Good luck,

Mike C.