Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Javascript Engine API to perform Load Data set operations

Can I have reference pointers as how to use javascript engine API to perform "load data set" operation. we also wanted the function in javascript engine API that instructs the qlik sense server to perform scheduled incremental load to the data set.

I have thus far able to get the list of tables from a data source.. reference link: https://help.qlik.com/sense/en-us/developer/index.html#../Subsystems/Qlik_Engine_API/Content/HowTos/...

Thanks

Idrees

2 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hmm, if you are looking at scheduling reloads on the server I would encourage you to look at the QRS api instead.
Generally you would not be allowed to perform a client side reload on a published app.

Scheduling reloads is normally done through tasks in the QMC, both the creation and starting to those tasks could be performed by the QRS api.

To list tables for a ODBC connection you would use the Engine API, there are several good examples in the help that shows you the flow of messages to send to the engine.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Karlson,

Thanks for the reply.

can you please share few start-up links for QRS API. I would definitely not load data set or incremental data load operations from client but my assumption and understanding is if my server is node.js and I wanted to schedule jobs of doing these tasks, i would still need to use the Javascript API.

This week during our call with qlik sense team, someone was showing some script (some statements in data load editor) that can be executed with regular interval of time to incrementally load the data in the data set. Can we get some links of that so we can understand and look for some POC.

Thanks

Idrees