Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Integration, Extensions, & APIs

Discussion board where members can learn more about Integration, Extensions and API’s for Qlik Sense.

eightieschild
New Contributor III

Live clock extension for Qlik Sense?

Having searched around, I can't find an extension that shows a live clock on a dashboard. There are several tuturials showing how easy (ish) it is to code one using HTML/Javascript, but I've not been able to get one working as a Qlik Sense extension.

Has anyone here successfully built one?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bcf
New Contributor III

Re: Live clock extension for Qlik Sense?

Check out the extension I am attaching

6 Replies
bcf
New Contributor III

Hello Chris,

I have an extension that might help your purposes. It is far from being perfect, but maybe it'll make do.

eightieschild
New Contributor III

Hi David

Nice extension! This could be useful, but I need a digital one with seconds and milliseconds if possible (should have mentioned that).

The use case is to provide a timer for screenshots when performance testing.

Thanks

Chris

bcf
New Contributor III

Hi Chris,

A digital clock would be even easier. You can reuse quite a lot of the code I sent.

The only setback I see is that you want to see the milliseconds, which would mean running an interval function 1000 times per second.

eightieschild
New Contributor III

Hi David

I guess 'easier' is relative I'm a bit of a JavaScript newbie, so struggling to translate your code into a digital version.

Any pointers?

Thanks

Chris

bcf
New Contributor III

Check out the extension I am attaching

eightieschild
New Contributor III

Hi David

Just tested this and it looks great - I may have a play with the code to make it only display tenths of a second in hindsight, but many thanks for taking the time to put this together!

Thanks again,

Chris