Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Mashup API: external webserver and websocket issue

Hi,

We are trying to move a mashup developed on a Sense server to a external webserver.

All settings from Mashup API reference seems correct:

var config = { host: "sense.ourhost.com", prefix: "/", port: 443, isSecure: true };

But when we try to load an app by appid we get a websocket error:

Error during WebSocket handshake: net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

The domain of the external page is whitelisted in the Sense proxy settings.

Has anyone encountered this issue?

Thansk!

//Daniel

6 Replies
Francis_Kabinoff
Former Employee
Former Employee

What version of Sense are you using?

Not applicable
Author

We are using sense 3.0.

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

And you are authenticating your users properly?

Are you using the self-signed certificates that come out of the box? Some browsers and security settings are not keen on loading resources from a external site with self-signed certificates

Francis_Kabinoff
Former Employee
Former Employee

There's a bug in sense 3.0.0 surrounding external mashups. So if you are using 3.0.0, I suggest you upgrade to 3.0.1

Not applicable
Author

So just to update you on the issue:

It seems the problem was an issue with the Mashup location and secure traffic over https to the Sense server. After reinstalling the certificates all works fine.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Are there more versions with this bug? Any version of the February 2018 edition for example?

I am getting the same "net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET" and want to know if I am hunting a ghost or made an actual mistake.

I have added the IP address of the machine I am testing / developing with to the Host white list.

May you live in interesting times!