Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Integration, Extensions, & APIs

Discussion board where members can learn more about Integration, Extensions and API’s for Qlik Sense.

lakshman-bd
New Contributor

Need to Restrict the AD Group's in Qliksense 3.4

Hi All,

We have around 10 Active Directory Group which has around 58 K users. In that Qliksense has only 2 AD groups with user around 3K.

Issue : Qliksense Dashbaord are taking moretime for Authentication, is it possibel to restrict my Dashboard to check the members only in those 2 AD Groups rather than checking for all 10 AD groups?

Regards,

Lakshman

2 Replies
awhitfield
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need to Restrict the AD Group's in Qliksense 3.4

Sure, but you will need to create an appropriate lpad filter to restrict the users involved

BR

Andy

chriscammers
Contributor III

Re: Need to Restrict the AD Group's in Qliksense 3.4

If I am understanding you correctly, your Qlik System is running slowly and this is not a Qlik App issue.

I think you want to add a filter to your User Directory Connector.

You should look at the advanced section of the UDC configuration and add a filter string in the LDAP Filter Field.

Building the filter strings are tricky but your AD administrator should be able to help

We have a group named QV_Users that includes anybody who has access to the system

(memberOf=cn=QV_Administrators,ou=SomeGroup,ou=SomeOtherGroup,ou=Company,dc=enterprise,dc=qualifier,dc=net)

Community Browser