Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Problem with selection in Mashup

Hello,

I've tried to generate a mashup to setup a website.

It works fine, all items are available as expected.

But in listboxes and geomaps I'm missing something:

When select an value in a listbox I don't have the those buttons like on the hub:

The selection is assume after pushing return

(field Products)

In a geomap chart I can't select a region, only single values

any suggestions?

Using Sense 2.1.1 and basicaly the grid mashup template.

Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Francis_Kabinoff
Former Employee
Former Employee

It may be that you have the css property "overflow" set to hidden on some containing element of the objects, or it could be numerous other things, hard to say exactly without being able to inspect the html and css. But I'll recommend a few things you can try, and let's see if we can get somewhere.

First thing is, as Loris recommended, make sure that overflow is not set to hidden on any containing elements.

Next, add some padding-top to your objects. 45px of padding should be enough to see the entire selection bar in most cases. So, something like .qvobject { padding-top: 45px; } in your CSS, assuming your objects have a class of .qvobject.  Or you could do it inline, such as style="padding-top: 45px" right in the html.

If neither of those do anything, a kind of last resort is to place the selection bar over top of the title of the objects instead of how it displays by default, above the title. You can accomplish this by adding the following to your css -

.qv-selection-toolbar {

top: 0 !important;

}

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Martin,

maybe the container element of the object isn't high enough.

you can verify this using the browser's dom inspector.

a quick solution may be to add style = "overflow: visible" in the container element...

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Hello Loris,

it seems to that the size of the object isn't the problem.

I set it to 9000 px, still the same problem.

The object is alligned on the top, how can I set it to the bottom?

vertical-align: bottom;

makes no different.

Regards

Francis_Kabinoff
Former Employee
Former Employee

It may be that you have the css property "overflow" set to hidden on some containing element of the objects, or it could be numerous other things, hard to say exactly without being able to inspect the html and css. But I'll recommend a few things you can try, and let's see if we can get somewhere.

First thing is, as Loris recommended, make sure that overflow is not set to hidden on any containing elements.

Next, add some padding-top to your objects. 45px of padding should be enough to see the entire selection bar in most cases. So, something like .qvobject { padding-top: 45px; } in your CSS, assuming your objects have a class of .qvobject.  Or you could do it inline, such as style="padding-top: 45px" right in the html.

If neither of those do anything, a kind of last resort is to place the selection bar over top of the title of the objects instead of how it displays by default, above the title. You can accomplish this by adding the following to your css -

.qv-selection-toolbar {

}

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

This was the solution:

.qv-selection-toolbar {

}

Now it works,