Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Imran_Arshad
Partner - Contributor III

QIB NLU Configuration Failed

Hi Qlik Community,

I am posting QIB-NLU inquiry here as no thread is found in the drop-down list.

I have tried to connect QIB-NLU with the certificates issued by my QlikSense Server & also tried with SSL-Certificate (issued by Certified Authority) but in both cases i am unable to connect both machines, please note that QIB & QS are installed on same machines.

Below are the logs taken from QIB-NLU-Configuration File:

}
2019-10-18 15:13:52.5062|INFO|Configuration|CreateAgent|Creating new agent for Qlik Insight Bot nlu
2019-10-18 15:13:52.5212|INFO|Configuration|SendRequest|Sending request with following parameter
2019-10-18 15:13:52.5322|INFO|Configuration|SendRequest|Method: Post
2019-10-18 15:13:53.4148|ERROR|Configuration|SendRequest|Error while sending request with following parameter
2019-10-18 15:13:53.4289|ERROR|Configuration|SendRequest|The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
2019-10-18 15:13:53.4419|ERROR|Configuration|SendRequest|{
"status": "error",
"message": "NLU configuration failed."
}
2019-10-18 15:13:53.4549|ERROR|Configuration|CreateAgent|Error while creating agent
2019-10-18 15:13:53.4689|ERROR|Configuration|CreateAgent|{
}
2019-10-18 15:13:53.4830|ERROR|Component Configuration|ConfigureNLU|{
}

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
treysmithdev
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

To be more specific, when you go to the status page check the certificate being used. Is it the one you are expecting? As far as which one to use, I would use the SSL provided by a trusted CA.

nlu-cert-menu.jpg

nlu-cert.jpg

Blog: WhereClause   Twitter: @treysmithdev

View solution in original post

marcos_herrera
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi  Dear 

The problem was on license,  thanks for your help ,

QIB NLU.PNG

View solution in original post

26 Replies
treysmithdev
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

To troubleshoot ,I would try getting to the NLU from a browser on your QS/QIB Windows machine: https://your.nlu.domain.com:5000.

Check the certificate in the browser, what does it say?

Also, can you provide some detail on your certs in the NLU box. For example, which commands you used to create the cert files and the directory you placed them in.

Imran_Arshad
Author

@treysmithdev  Thanks for the reply as per for instructions, i have already tried & checked opening NLU in windows machine through browser, its opening perfectly with not accepting the certificate.

My main question is that "Which certificates should i give to both machines to communicate:

1. SSL - Certificate (issued by Domain Service Provider)

or

2. QS & QIB - Both are installed on same machine (Machine Certificate generated through QMC) &

if i use the machine certificates  then which should be used, "client.pfx"  or "server.pfx" or "root.cer" ... ... ?

Certificates-folder is mapped in the yml-file 

treysmithdev
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

To be more specific, when you go to the status page check the certificate being used. Is it the one you are expecting? As far as which one to use, I would use the SSL provided by a trusted CA.

nlu-cert-menu.jpg

nlu-cert.jpg

Imran_Arshad
Author

SSL Certificate is applied successfully & it working fine as per your shared snapshots.

Now in next step, i am getting the error as per screenshot, support is needed to resolve this issue.

NLU Configuration Failed.JPG

Below message request is coming upon setting-up NLU-Configuration on NLU-Machine 

nlu.JPG

Below are the log for the above activity:

}
2019-10-21 23:42:44.4833|INFO|Configuration|CreateAgent|Creating new agent for Qlik Insight Bot nlu
2019-10-21 23:42:44.4963|INFO|Configuration|SendRequest|Sending request with following parameter
2019-10-21 23:42:44.5073|INFO|Configuration|SendRequest|Method: Post
2019-10-21 23:42:45.4988|ERROR|Configuration|SendRequest|Error while sending request with following parameter
2019-10-21 23:42:45.5128|ERROR|Configuration|SendRequest|The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
2019-10-21 23:42:45.5238|ERROR|Configuration|SendRequest|{
}
2019-10-21 23:42:45.5358|ERROR|Configuration|CreateAgent|Error while creating agent
2019-10-21 23:42:45.5358|ERROR|Configuration|CreateAgent|{
}
2019-10-21 23:42:45.5598|ERROR|Component Configuration|ConfigureNLU|{
}

marcos_herrera
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Friends

I ned a help, i have a valid certificate (CA) on PFX format, this certificate is wildcard *.mydomain.com and is usted on each site QlikSense, NLP and NLU, on NLU i splited on pem files (CRT and Key) with the following commands 

openssl pkcs12 -in Cert.pfx -nocerts -out NluEnc.key
openssl rsa -in NluEnc.key -out nlu_key.pem
openssl pkcs12 -in Cert.pfx -clcerts -nokeys -out nlu_crt.pem

Then i stored the certificates on home/nlu/Certificates  the path configured on docker-compose.yml is the default 

environment:
POSTGRES_HOST: nlu_db
isHttps: "True"
CertificatePath: "/nlu/Certificates/"

When i tested the NLU URL opens well but without certificateNLU.png

Imran_Arshad
Author

Install your certificate in Linux / NLU Machine by using following commands:

$ /usr/local/share/ca-certificate

$ sudo apt-get install ca-certificates -y

$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure ca-certificates

$ sudo update-ca-certificates

If the error still exists then install it manually from the list of certificates.

Restart your instance after the above configurations & run your containers after checking the status of Docker.

Cheers.

marcos_herrera
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi  

Thanks for the answer, i tried to install the certificates following the steps, but not worked, also i researched and found the same commands but with a different path $ /usr/share/ca-certificate/extra  i stored on this folder and execute the commands, the terminal console show me the following message

2 added, 0 removed; done.
Processing triggers for ca-certificates (20180409) ...
Updating certificates in /etc/ssl/certs...
2 added, 0 removed; done.
Running hooks in /etc/ca-certificates/update.d...
done.

I restarted the NLU server and then laucnh the NLU sudo docker-compose up but noy works, the problem is the same

marcos_herrera
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi

I forget say that the certificates was generated by GoDaddy and for the procedure made on $ /usr/share/ca-certificate/extra folder, i converted the PEM file to CRT file

treysmithdev
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

What are your volume settings in your docker-compose.yml file?