Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Integration, Extensions, & APIs

Discussion board where members can learn more about Integration, Extensions and API’s for Qlik Sense.

Highlighted
rbartley
Valued Contributor

Qlik Sense - Default App Bookmark in Mashup

Hi everyone,

I have created a bookmark in my app and set this  as the app default, so that it is applied when opening the app.  This works fine on the Qlik Sense server, but it is not applied when migrating the app to my QAP server and using it in a mashup, even though I can see that the bookmark has been migrated (by looking in the single configurator in the dev hub).  Could someone from Qlik please confirm this?

In the meantime, I have used the applyBookmark method.

Thanks in advance.

Richard

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Partner
Partner

Re: Qlik Sense - Default App Bookmark in Mashup

Hi Richard,

I am also having the same problem.

Could you advise how you applied the applyBookmark method please?

@plu Are you able to shed some light on this please?

Thanks.

Employee
Employee

Hi Bev,

The bookmark is applied by the client when the app is opened. Not by the engine or the app itself. Therefore this feature is only available when using the app within the Qlik Sense Client. 

I'm no expert at the API, but examples on how to use the bookmark api is available at:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/February2019/Subsystems/EngineAPI/Content/Sense_EngineAP...

Regards,

Patrik.

rbartley
Valued Contributor

Hi Beverly,

Sorry for the delay, my account was de-activated by mistake. You should be able to create the bookmark in the app then use 

app.bookmark.apply(BookmarkId).

This works for me.