Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cotiso_hanganu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Qlik Sense Dynamic Update

I wonder if anyone has discovered a way to get the functionality of Dynamic Update from QlikView also in Qlik Sense...

Perhaps some of the so advertised new APIs is giving access to add, delete or modify a record from the in-memory data model after reload has been executed ?

9 Replies
konrad_mattheis
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

this is not included in the APIs and the info what I got is, that this will not get included in the product.

bye Konrad

Stefan_Walther
Employee
Employee

‌I can confirm:

Dynamic Update is not available in Qlik Sense.

Regards

Stefan

cotiso_hanganu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thank you, Konrad & Stefan, for the answers.

But I cannot accept so easy a No for an answer !

Perhaps knows anyone an extension or a workaround doing that !? Or has a suggestion on how to do it ?

konrad_mattheis
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

What you really want to do?

bye Konrad

cotiso_hanganu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

We want to make a payment matching tool, that takes all your e-banking statement of accounts and all the ERP current  Accounts Receivable and matches them on a pretty cool logic and afterwards provide an interface for users to make final manual adjustments and afterward push to the ERP the final results.

We have already some prototypes in QlikView, using dynamic update and want to migrate the solution also to Qlik Sense, since in Sense is the future....

The idea is to provide an interface in Qlik (Sense) that allows users to alter the results the automatic matching logic is generating. We need to add, delete and modfy associations precalculated...

konrad_mattheis
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Cotiso,

the nice thing of Qlik Sense is that you have a open html page.

Just write your adjustments from the webpage over a own webservice in the database

and after that just trigger a reload of the app.

bye Konrad

cotiso_hanganu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Tx Konrad, for keep trying.

We've been there, for Qlikview, 8 years ago... It's getting to a pretty crazy , complex and slow solution when you start trying to add all the functionalities we want to have... With reloads , partial reloads, etc.

It feels kind of frustrating... The purpose of a BI tool is to support decisions.

Why should we go back to square one and record this decisions in another place, not where the primary info for the decision is presented ?!...

Any other idea, ANYONE ?

... Perhaps some reverse engineering to manipulate the data model, since no API is yet available ? ( I am open for private messaging, as well.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been looking for the same feature but no luck yet.

Can dynamic discovery be used for dynamic update? Why is this feature not in Qlik sense?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All cotiso.hanganu rrprabhu,

Can anyone please help whether this was achieved by any means ?

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Hardik