Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Extension: Color and Data handling properties

All,

I was wondering if it is possible to reuse the standard Qlik Sense object properties for coloring and data handling (in addons). In all my extensions, I always worked in the following way:

Coloring: I ask the user to add a measure to define the coloring. The coloring can then happen on basis of the measure values or on basis of an expression. I used this approach as I didn't find the standard color property as a reusable component for extensions. Making a custom coloring section is neither an option, as the expression entered in a text box are not evaluated by the Qlik Engine. In my extension, it is just inputted as raw text and this means I should write the logic for interpreting expressions myself.

Data handling: Again, I ask the user to add a measure to define the condition for drawing the extension. I have the same problem with interpreting the expression when I create a custom property. I found the data handling addon available as a resuable component, but it returns only a blank space.

Thanks in advance,

Gregory

2 Replies
ErikWetterberg

Hi Gregory,

You should be able to add a datahandling section like this:

definition: {

type: "items",

component: "accordion",

items: {

addons: {

uses: "addons",

items: {

dataHandling: {

uses: "dataHandling"

}

}

},

Hope this helps

Erik

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Erik,

Thanks for your response. I feel a bit stupid not to think about this...

Is there any similar way of reusing the color properties?

Thanks,

Gregory