Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Heatmaps

Hi there,

I would like to create a heatmap within Qlik Sense. My requirements:

- Based on X, Y coordinates

- Possible to use my own SVG / PNG. I have a floor plan of a shopping mall either in PNG or SVG I would like to use.

- It should be a separate layer on top of the SVG/PNG, which is not filling predefined SVG / KML areas.

So the result should look something like this:

heatmap.png

Thanks!

5 Replies
simotrab
Creator III
Creator III

Hi!

Try to look this maybe it could be helpful.

GoogleMapsAPIv3Toolkit-QS

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Jveldhoen,

- Based on X, Y coordinates

- Possible to use my own SVG / PNG. I have a floor plan of a shopping mall either in PNG or SVG I would like to use.

Firstly, convert the PNG image you have into a SVG which can be done using Inkscape. Make use of this generated SVG path and build a visualisation using D3.(This will solve the first two question you have)

Now coming to the third question:

- It should be a separate layer on top of the SVG/PNG, which is not filling predefined SVG / KML areas.

So the result should look something like this:

heatmap.png

Create an other layer of SVG over the underlying sketch and use fill property to colour this layer , based on your measure or any specific condition.

Hope this helps!

- Sangram

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sangram,

Thanks for your reply. I already used Inkscape to build a SVG, this works. I also used the SVG Reader (Qlik Sense SVG Reader) to fill the polygons with a colour. But now I want to take it a step further so that I can get gradients of colours like I showed in the picture. You may be right that I need to develop my own D3 extension to do this.

Any other thoughts?

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Jveldhoen,

I think building an extension for this requirement is the best way to go.Let me know if you need any help in building an extension.

Thanks and Regards,

Sangram Reddy.

konrad_mattheis
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

you can do this perfect with NPGeoMap (officiall they have only a qlikview extension, but you can already get the sense beta version). There you can even build graphic drill downs,..

bye

Konrad