Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Mashup - Getting selection from filter pane

Hi all,

I am currently trying to retrieve the values selected from a filter pane.  Upon following the solution to the thread below, I am encountering some issues with the model object.

When inspecting the model object in Chrome, I cannot see the qSelectionObject and the underlying qSelections.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Joel

How to get filter pane selections?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

The thread you referenced talked about the "Current Selections" object, i.e the global tracking object of selection state.

Is that what you are after? Or do you just which to grab the selections in a particular field?

If you wish to fetch the data for a particular field in the data model you can use the Field interface qlik.app.field (Field API)

You can also use the GetObject method if you wish to fetch a specific object model and then inspect that.
Just not that a Filter Pane is just a concatenation (a GenericObject) of multiple Fields (GenericObjects with a ListDef as a child of the Filter Pane) so the selection states will not be on the Filter Pane but on the individual Fields.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

The thread you referenced talked about the "Current Selections" object, i.e the global tracking object of selection state.

Is that what you are after? Or do you just which to grab the selections in a particular field?

If you wish to fetch the data for a particular field in the data model you can use the Field interface qlik.app.field (Field API)

You can also use the GetObject method if you wish to fetch a specific object model and then inspect that.
Just not that a Filter Pane is just a concatenation (a GenericObject) of multiple Fields (GenericObjects with a ListDef as a child of the Filter Pane) so the selection states will not be on the Filter Pane but on the individual Fields.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for the reply.

Fetching the data for a particular field is what I am after so I will definitely make use of the qlik.app.field API.

Cheers,

Joel