Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Integration, Extensions, & APIs

Discussion board where members can learn more about Integration, Extensions and API’s for Qlik Sense.

bearschoice
New Contributor

Qlik Sense Web Extension Import Logs

Hi,

I have been trying to import an extension (the SVG Reader at Qlik Branch) into Sense Web 3.2 with no success. I have made a change to one of the .js files as suggested for versions 3.1.2 and greater but still the import fails. I am referred to the logs but I can't find anything that identifies the cause of the failure or even an indication that it has been attempted.

Is this likely to be because the extension is not suitable for Sense Web or something structural? It's very frustrating as the extension looks perfect for customised map displays. I've experienced similar failures with other extensions but also had some install without any problems.

Any advice welcome!

Thanks

Neill

3 Replies
erik_wetterberg
Honored Contributor

Re: Qlik Sense Web Extension Import Logs

Hi,

A very common reason for this error is that the extension already exists. The QMC does not allow you to import an extension that already exists, you have to delete the old version first.The name of the zip file is irrelevant: it's the name of the qext (and js) file that counts.

Hope this helps

Erik Wetterberg

Erik Wetterberg
https://extendingqlik.upper88.com/
bearschoice
New Contributor

Re: Qlik Sense Web Extension Import Logs

Hi Erik

Thanks for your reply. I have checked on the server and it is not trying to create a duplicate. It fails within a few seconds of starting to import and although it says to check the logs, there is nothing showing related to the time of import so that is no help to me. I can't see if the extension is intended for use on a server or just for Sense desktop so I guess I am going to have to try something else.

Neill

bearschoice
New Contributor

Re: Qlik Sense Web Extension Import Logs

It seems that part of the problem was trying to import from a laptop on the internet. When I copied the file to a machine on the internal network, the import worked without any error. However, when I add the extension to a sheet, I get an error "Invalid visualisation, The visualisation was not found on the server: svgReader". I guess this is a compatibility issue with Sense 3.2 or something like that. Again, nothing shows in the logs to tell me more.

Neill

Community Browser