Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kerkying
Partner Ambassador Alumni

Qlik Sense data not found in HTML Elements

Hi experts, 

Does anyone know how does Qlik pass the data values (down to each record) from the app in the server  to the HTML5 client? 

We have a use case to tokenize the data based on the data values found in each element but when I view the elements  there doesnt seem to be any data.

Any ideas of how it works behind the hood?

4 Replies
Yoichi_Hirotake
Former Employee
Former Employee

It is webscoket communication. What do you want to achieve here exactly? If your purpose is to build your own charts/tables on the fly, then you can utilize Qlik Engine API. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/Subsystems/EngineAPI/Content/introducing-engine-API.htm

kerkying
Author

Hi Hirotake,

Thanks for the reply, I don't want to build any charts on the fly. 

We are trying to do data tokenization, and how the tokenization tool works is that it will intercept the HTML requests and look up the elements for sensitive data and apply the tokenization or de-tokenization on it. 

Is there any way to view the data requests and responses ie. whenever I filter on any object is there any data being passed over from server to webserver or is it all cached?

Yoichi_Hirotake
Former Employee
Former Employee

By utilizing Engine API, it allows to fetch data from objects, then you can manipulate data by using your  tokenization/de-tokenization  logic, and then build own HTML/CSS to display the data onto your page.

What you want to achieve here looks very resource intense. It may also require huge development work and the test to validate whether the performance is acceptable level after the development. Possibly good option for you to consider is to reach out your Qlik Account Manager and ask consultancy for it.

kerkying
Author

Hi Hirotake, 

Thanks for clarifying. Yes might be better to approach the account manager here. 

Anyway, just sharing with the community, we managed to locate the data points within the element header as attached