Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense limit to export data with the Table API

Hi all,

In previous versions of Qlik Sense we had been facing an annoying limit of 1M cells to export the data from a table using the built-in functionality to generate an Excel file. When we migrated to the version 2.1.1, we decided to try the new exportData function of the Table API to generate a CSV file and export more data. Now we figure out that still exits a limit, but now of 5M cells.

Is there a workaround to avoid those limits at all?

Thanks

4 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hey Luiz,

Nope, the limits are the same. 1M for Excel files and 5M for csv files.

We generally recommend a ETL-tool if you need to model data for bulk data export.

Stefan_Walther
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Alexander is absolutely right on the limitation for the Table API resp. the exportData method.

But there is another way - and you are asking for a workaround:

- Use paging and loop through all the data pages yourself. This is certainly much slower but you can overcome the default limitation of the exportData method.

See an example here:

https://github.com/stefanwalther/sense-extension-recipes/tree/master/HyperCubePaging

Regards

Stefan

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hmm, I haven't tested it but I wonder how well the browser fare by stuffing above 5M cells of data into memory

Not to mention that you would have to page over 500 pages to get above the limit, this I have to try!

Stefan_Walther
Employee
Employee

Tell us, nice experiment ... 😉