Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nguyenqx612
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Sense with Virtual Analytics (AR/VR)

Hi. 

I've developed VR/AR app in the past and am wondering if Qlik Sense can be integrated into VR/AR app? 

I've been thinking that people can do analytics using AR/VR app in the future but having a tough time thinking about good/practical use cases that are feasible for businesses. 

Any thoughts? 

Thanks

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Todd_Margolis
Employee
Employee

Hi,

I've created several VR and AR proof of concepts leveraging the Qlik platform. Here is a blog post that gives more details on the use cases. I was also a co-author of a recently published book on Immersive Analytics that is very comprehensive on the subject. Would love to hear about anything you make. 

Cheers,
Todd

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Todd_Margolis
Employee
Employee

Hi,

I've created several VR and AR proof of concepts leveraging the Qlik platform. Here is a blog post that gives more details on the use cases. I was also a co-author of a recently published book on Immersive Analytics that is very comprehensive on the subject. Would love to hear about anything you make. 

Cheers,
Todd

nguyenqx612
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for the information, Todd. Those are very useful. I'll check them out. 

By the way, do you happen to know any use cases for logistics? Thank you

Todd_Margolis
Employee
Employee

Yea, I think there are a lot of opportunities for using AR to manage logistics. For example, imagine being able to look at any container in a distribution center and see not only a representation of what's hidden inside of it, but also to get information about where it came from, where it's going, what the total inventory for each related product is, what are the outstanding orders, etc. 

EsthycuteEffiong
Contributor
Contributor

Another potential use case could be in remote collaboration. With VR/AR, teams in different locations could collaborate in a virtual space, seeing and interacting with the same data sets in real time.

JafarAnelka
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not entirely sure about your question about integrating Qlik Sense into a VR/AR app. However, some companies specialize in VR/AR development and can help you with that, like exposit.com. As for use cases for VR/AR analytics in business, one potential application could be a data visualization. For example, imagine visualizing complex data sets in a 3D space using VR/AR technology. It could make it easier to identify patterns and trends in the data.