Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Integration, Extensions, & APIs

Discussion board where members can learn more about Integration, Extensions and API’s for Qlik Sense.

bcf
New Contributor III

Qlik Visualizations API object do not react to user input

Hello community,

I am using the Qlik visualizations API to generate objects on the fly in many of my mashups. I think this is an amazing feature so we are using it quite a lot.

There is however one thing that annoys me: the buttons in the objects' toolbar (see picture below) do not work ever. I click on them and the CSS classes do what's expected on hover, on active, etc. but it doesn't display any behavior at all.

qlikObjectToolbar.JPG

Every time I render one of these charts, I get systematically the same error message:

qlikVisualizationRender.JPG

I do understand what this is trying to say but I don't know why I am having issues with the Visualizations API and not with the standard getObject() method.

1 Reply
erik_wetterberg
Honored Contributor

Re: Qlik Visualizations API object do not react to user input

Hi David,

Glad you like the Visualization API...

I don't think your error message is related to your problem directly, but it is a symptom that something is not set up correctly. I am no expert in this, but I think you need to look at your proxy configuration. The actual call (qrs/extension/schema) is used to get the list of extensions, so it has nothing to do with selections and it seems like you are using the built-in charts. I assume you are running on an external web server. Does the same mashup work if you run it with Qlik Sense server the files??

Erik Wetterberg

Erik Wetterberg
https://extendingqlik.upper88.com/
Community Browser