cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik sense extension in mashup on external server

Hi,

I am having trouble in visualizing extension object in mash up API. We have created few extensions objects and dropped them on a sheet. When I use mash up using workbench everything works fine but when I use same mash up on different server it says invalid visualization.

My qlik server is running on Server A and my web application is running on server B. I am trying to embed extension object form qlik into my web application using mash up.

Any one faced similar issue ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So the issue was the baseUrl path was not set in require config. Even  though I was loading resources from local I had to set the baseUrl in require as qlik server. Looks  like some additional resources was need in case of extension but I was expecting some 404 in browser console.

View solution in original post

23 Replies
ErikWetterberg

Hi,

Do you get any errors in the console? Something like HTTP 404??

Erik

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I can see 404 for /qrs/extension/schema?xrfkey=? because the context is my web server instead of qlik.

Also I am loading all JS from my server instead of qlik  (after copying it from qlik server)

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Since you are running on a separate webserver, first I would make sure that you are authenticated. If you are not, make sure anonymous users has access to extensions in the QMC.

Since you have copied all of your script files locally the requirejs base path will now reference your webserver.

So if you have extensions which depends on resources loaded with relative paths they will break.

Not applicable
Author

Vishal,

Check out this document.  I suspect some components will help you, in particular the auth parts Alex mentions.

Embedding Qlik Sense content into an IIS Website on Different Servers

jg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jeff, Authentication is working fine. The problem is only with sheets having extensions everything else is working fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Alex, this is exactly what I was thinking but I am not seeing any 404 error in browser console. But at the same time I can't the calls for JS and CSS file of the extension as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So the issue was the baseUrl path was not set in require config. Even  though I was loading resources from local I had to set the baseUrl in require as qlik server. Looks  like some additional resources was need in case of extension but I was expecting some 404 in browser console.

Teppo_Ojala
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Can you explain this little bit more detail. I have a same problem. I have used a SVG extension and I would like to add that object into my mashup demo. Everything works nicelu from HUB. I manage to open the extension object.

But my mashup will give me a "Invalid visualization" error.

I have tried to configure my require.config in main.js file. At the moment the line is like this:

require.config( {

baseUrl: 'http://[SERVERIP]:80/resources/'

Do I need to publish the extension some way? If I edit the properties of extension, I will see that "Everyone can view extensions" -> so I think this is ok.

Thanks in advance,

Teppo

ErikWetterberg

Hi Teppo,

Hard to tell what is the reason for this without knowing how the extension works, but what might be the problem is that the extension loads files with some other method than requirejs. In that case setting baseUrl in require.config will not work.

Check the browser console. Do you get any 'not found' errors? (HTTP 404). In that case check how the extension loads these files.

Hope this helps

Erik

Please mark the appropriate replies as correct or helpful so our team and other members know that your question has been answered to your satisfaction.