Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik sense extension in mashup on external server

Hi,

I am having trouble in visualizing extension object in mash up API. We have created few extensions objects and dropped them on a sheet. When I use mash up using workbench everything works fine but when I use same mash up on different server it says invalid visualization.

My qlik server is running on Server A and my web application is running on server B. I am trying to embed extension object form qlik into my web application using mash up.

Any one faced similar issue ?

23 Replies
Teppo_Ojala
Former Employee
Former Employee

Thanks Erik,

I will receive a 404 error. The screen shot from console looks like this. What is this folder "resources/assets/external/requirejs"

I don't have this resources folder in my Sense installation. From which installation package this should come? Or do I have do upload some general "extension" first to get this working..

Thanks for help!

Teppo

error.png

ErikWetterberg

Hi Teppo,

Looks like the problem is the file style.css in the svgReader extension. Verify that it's included. If it is check how it is referenced in the extension.

Erik

Teppo_Ojala
Former Employee
Former Employee

In addition to this.

I have require.js & client.css in these folders in Sense 2.1 server

C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\assets\client

C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\assets\external\requirejs

I don't have any girby.css file there - is it used any more in latest version? I commented that out and noticed that nothing changed.

How do i refer to these require.js and client.css files from html code?

At the moment those lines are like this:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://community.qlik.com/resources/assets/client/client.css" media="all">

<script src="/resources/js/external/requirejs/require.js"></script>

ErikWetterberg

Hi Teppo,

The symbolic link /resources will point to the client root of your Sense installation, normally \Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client, so that should be OK.

qirby.css is replaced by qlikui.css, with the link:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/resources/autogenerated/qlikui.css">

There should be a redirect to make old mashups work, but sooner or later that will go away, so you might just as well change now.

Erik

Teppo_Ojala
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

Thanks again Erik

I think

http://<server>/extensions/

refers to folder

C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Extensions

So the http://<server>/

links to ProgramData - not Program Files

Am I right? I am definitely a wrong guy to investigate these, my experience about web traffic issues in quite small

ErikWetterberg

Hi again,

/resources points to the Qlik Sense client resources \Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client

/extensions points to ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Extensions

You would probably have a folder with svgReader.qext there (probably the folder name is also svgReader ). There should be a style.css file in it.

Erik

Teppo_Ojala
Former Employee
Former Employee

I have this qext file - and I have style.css in same folder.

qext file is like this:

{

"name": "SVG Reader",

"description": "Visualizing data on custom or built-in SVG images",

"icon": "map",

"type": "visualization",

"version": 1.0,

"preview": "table",

"preview": "svgReader.png",

"author": "Brian Munz"

}

Teppo_Ojala
Former Employee
Former Employee

I removed this answer.. did not include any relevant information

ErikWetterberg

Hi,

I'm afraid I've missed important information in your mail: requirejs has added an extra .js to style.css and tries to load style.css,js. It does this to solve some cross-site scripting issues. I don't really know how to solve this, but you could try to copy the style.css file to a style.css.js file. Might work :-).

Erik

Teppo_Ojala
Former Employee
Former Employee

This helped!

Thanks Erik and Alexander for your help.

This was a challenge..

Teppo