Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VSuisse
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qliksense Mashup Error

Hi Community,

All my users are getting below error while opening a Mashup through a browser.  It says ,"Access denied to set script".  It work just fine for me being owner of the (mashup/extension) but not for other users. The source app is in everyone stream and all user can access the app through hub. 

I assumed the mashup should work with anyone who has access to app and its connection. There might be definitely something I am missing or not aware of. Can you please provide your inputs / suggestion. 

Error.jpg

Thank you,

VS

Labels (1)
8 Replies
ErikWetterberg

Are you trying to change the script in the mashup?

VSuisse
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you Erik for response. 

The mashup uses a parameter from url and apply it to the filter in load script.  So basically, it modifies the script. 

//Qlik API call: Calling Qliksense app here
var app1 = qlik.openApp("C28ed6e9f-deab-43c6-a1ba-f86bf629b389");
app1.getScript().then( function(script){
_script = script.qScript;
console.log("Got the app");
});

sessionApp =  qlik.sessionAppFromApp("C28ed6e9f-deab-43c6-a1ba-f86bf629b389", config);
if(!sessionApp){
console.log("no session app...");
}

sessionApp.getScript().then( function(script)

{

Go();
});

} );

Note: Go function will

1.  modify the script by passing parameter into where clause using sessionApp.setScript(newscript).then(function()

2. reload the session by using sessionApp.doReload().then(function(result)

Thank you,

VS

Aiham_Azmeh
Employee
Employee

Hi,

You may need to tweak your security rules -> https://community.qlik.com/legacyfs/online/135212_Capture.PNG

The "other users" need Update access.

VSuisse
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Faz,

Apology for my lack of admin knowledge.

How this security rule will be tied to Stream and published source app?  If i create below security rule for resource filter App_* and provide update access to specific users, will these user have update access to all the apps on server?

How I can provide them update access to just one app within stream?

Capture.PNG

- Thank you, VSuisse

Aiham_Azmeh
Employee
Employee

There's a thread explaining how to do that, with video's step by step guide -> https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Deployment-Management/User-access-to-one-qlik-sense-app-onl...

I hope this helps

VSuisse
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Aaz,

Thank you very much for providing inputs to help me get thru this problem resolved appropriately. 

Is there any alternate solution for this problem, i.e. without giving update access to other users on published source QVF app? The only shortcoming of this approach is, If other Users have update access on published app, there is a chance they can modify or update the app unintentionally. I want user to access the app only through Mashup and they should not update the app from stream. Is it possible?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks, VS

Aiham_Azmeh
Employee
Employee

AFAIK unfortunately no - we do not have dedicated governance for sessionAppFromApp, ... but if you use instead sessionApp (not fromApp), you should be safe - the drawback is that you have to re-create all the visualizations in the mashup - that can be done with the visualization API -> http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/June2019/Subsystems/APIs/Content/Sense_ClientAPIs/Capabil... 

VSuisse
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Aaz,

Thank you, I agree to your statement.

In my Business case we need to display lots of custom extensions on MashUp and that drives me to go with SessionAppFromApp method approach using template app instead of SessionApp method.  

Like you even I believe without providing update access to all my Business users on published source qvf app, SessionAppFromApp method will not work as expected. I will run this case again with my Business and take the appropriate action.

Thanks again and cheers to the community (y)

-VS