Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Integration, Extensions, & APIs

Discussion board where members can learn more about Integration, Extensions and API’s for Qlik Sense.

Not applicable

Qliksense: Timeline Extension: Values not getting displayed in ascending order and in separate lines.

I downloaded the Timeline extension(similar to Gantt Chart) as well as QVF file from https://github.com/ralfbecher/QlikSense_Extension_Timeline (attached are the files). I have done some modification in the downloaded Timeline file and the updated file is attached with the name TimelineO.qvf. The changes which were made are:

1. 1) Added 6 more tasks and now there are 9 tasks in total for 3 groups.
  2. 2) Removed Events, Points from the previous Timeline extension file to easily understand the data for the extension.

I loaded the updated file and these are the issues which I am facing in Qliksense.

The first issue which I am facing is that the tasks are not coming line by line i.e. Task 1 should come in first line and Task 4 should come in second line. The Task should be displayed in separate lines.

Grp 1

Task 1

Task 4

Task 7

The Second issue which I am facing is that the task should be displayed in ascending order. It should be displayed as mentioned below:

Grp 3

Task 3

Task 6

Task 9

This is really important for my project as the provided Gantt chart is not much of use for me. Please suggest.

18 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Qliksense: Timeline Extension: Values not getting displayed in ascending order and in separate lines.

Please respond to this or give suggestions on this......

Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Qliksense: Timeline Extension: Values not getting displayed in ascending order and in separate lines.

I found it on my own. We can use rbecher  Google Timeline Extension for this.

MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

I'm afraid this cannot be done..

Not applicable

Hi Ralf Becher,

I implemented Google Timeline Extension and I am getting this now. High Level Gantt Chart.png

Now the next requirement in this is that  I want to have the activities in different colors. For Ex. Offloading in Red, Grounded in Blue, Assigned Vessel in Yellow. I am not able to do that. Please help me out in this.

I am not able to upload the QVF file and Extension as I can attach only images or video. Can you please let me know how to attach the QVF file

Image.PNG

Regards

Rohit Parimal

MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Nice!

You can switch the editor mode at the top right. In advanced mode you can attach files.

- Ralf

Not applicable

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for your genuine response.

Not applicable

Hi Ralf,

I worked on js file for the timeline extension and I have the desired output. Please have a look at this.

Now I am getting customized colors for specific activities.

rbecher

Gantt Chart.png

Not applicable

Hi Ralf,

How we can add one more dimension in the Javascript. I want to add one more column on the left side which will display Vessel Type only.

rbecher

reddys310

Can you please help me out?

Regards

Rohit Parimal

MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Just change definition object...