Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sheldonqlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qliksense Visualization Events in Mashup

Hello,

I am working on a qliksense mashup and have 2 visualizations.  We have a Pie ChartVisualization and a Table Visualization.  If i select a segment in the pie chart the table will filter down the data. What I wish to know is from the mashup api side is there an event or something that can tell me that data has changed in the table?  The reason I am asking is if there is another visualization on the mashup page from a different application or even a visualization that uses set analysis, I would like to know the visualizations that are affected by any  given selection. Is this a possibility.

Thanks for the help

Sheldon

3 Replies
ErikWetterberg

Hi,

You have the same events available as in an extension, defined on the model. There is some documentation available here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/2.2/Subsystems/Extensions/Content/extensions-angular-eve...

The Validated event would be the one you are interested in.

To use this in a mashup you would do something like this:

app.getObject( tabid, id ).then( function ( model ) {

model.Validated.bind( function () {

//do something here

} );

} );

Some explanation:

• the getobject call returns a promise of a model for the object
  • when you get that model back, it has the events defined
  • you can bind a function to the validated event

Hope this helps

Erik

sheldonqlik
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I didn't realize that!  i use that in the extensions but never thought about it like that for the mashups. Thanks.  that is exactly what I was looking for.

ErikWetterberg

We try to make the same API calls (where relevant) work in both extensions and mashups. Many developers work with both.

Erik