Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Questions regarding deployment of mash-ups

Hi, I made a mashup using Sense Desktop and is working fine if I use the preview in the workbench. But I have a couple of questions regarding of mashup deployments.:

1- Why If I open the .html mashup directly from the folder the objects inside are not showed up. Is it because it "requieres" an IP and Port ?

2- Is it posible to the move my mashup to another PC that doesn't have Sense Installed without the use of IFRAME? How ?

3- Or even If I want to move my mashup to another folder, how can this be archived ?

In the help files it says that you need to use IFRAME but my mashup is done vía DIVs ID. It there a way? or the solutions to the previous questions is to use IFRAME ?

Thanks

Regards

4 Replies
Aiham_Azmeh
Employee
Employee

Hi Rodrigo,

I think this help page may answer your questions : http://help.qlik.com/sense/2.0/en-us/developer/#../Subsystems/Mashups/Content/Howtos/mashups-deploy-...

Regards,

aiham

Not applicable
Author

Hi Aiham,

Thx for the reply I saw the help. But everything is related to Qik Sense (Server).

My questión is if I can open a Mashup let's say in "offline" mode without using a full domain url. Copying all the neccesary files and be able to open the .html file just like when for example you save a web page and you can see it later without connection.

Regards

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hey,

I don't think websockets, our communication protocol, plays very nice if you try to load the page over file://
BUT if you have Qlik Sense Desktop installed you can deploy the mashup in the Extensions folder C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Extensions. Then you can access it through http://localhost:4848/extensions/<YourMashupFolder/<YourHTMLPage>.html

It's as close as offline mode you are going to get and after all you still need a Qlik Sense engine somewhere for your mashup to work.

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Just to clarify, you need to host your mashup on a webserver. Qlik Sense Desktop comes with a static webserver so you can reuse that.

If you don't have a webserver installed then you won't be able to deploy your mashup.
Also the help article that was linked to before contains some good info on what paths you would need to change in order for the mashup to work if you deploy it on a machine that does not have Qlik Sense installed.