Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

SSO issue between QlikSene 3.1 and Salesforce

Hi ,

I am trying to implement SSO for Qlik Sense & Salesforce. I want to be able to access  Hub through Salesforce Web tab.

I followed this blog post by Jeffery Goldberg :

Video Link : 3605

I had success with this approach in Qlik Sense version 2.2.3. I am using 3.1 now. If I follow the instructions now, one thing I notice different is that the SAML Meta data file from Qlik Sense Proxy has WantAssertionsSigned="true". It was coming as false before.

When I try to connect Qlik from salesforce , I get error saying "The Identity Provider failed authentication. StatusCode=urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:status:AuthnFailed, SubordinateStatusCode = 0    "

Any idea what could have gone wrong? I am guessing its the WantAssertionsSigned value in SAML Meta data file as video points out it should be false. Any idea how to make it false ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Issue was permission on Salesforce side. My bad, completely forgot about it.

Forgot to associate connected app with a permission set. So it works with WantAssertionsSigned="true".

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Issue was permission on Salesforce side. My bad, completely forgot about it.

Forgot to associate connected app with a permission set. So it works with WantAssertionsSigned="true".

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shamsh Alam

we have the same issue. Could you please give us more detail about what you have configured on Salesforce side?

We have already associate connected app with a permission set in the same way that is explained in the video but when we try to connect Qlik from salesforce https://servername/sfdc/hub/, we get the error "Internal Server Error"

Thanks in advance

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shamsh Alam

We have the same issue , also. Could you please give us more detail about what you have configured on Salesforce side or Qlik side ?

Thanks in advance

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What error are you getting? If you share you configuration, I may be able to help. Sorry, took long to get back to you

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

I am also getting WantAssertionsSigned="true".

I did every step as in the video but still couldn't get this done.

As you told you also followed same steps, did you did you do something different.

Divakar_Kanagaraj
Contributor
Contributor

I am facing issue to connect salesforce with qliksense server 14.67.13. It is throwing error as "Invalie_SSO_Gateway_URL: the single sign on gateway url for the org is invalid". Can someone help me?.

Thanks in advance

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @Divakar_Kanagaraj : I would suggest that you create a new post, since the original one is from 5 years ago. People will see the reference to Qlik Sense 3.1 and possibly ignore the thread.

Daniele - Senior Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.