Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section access problems with Qlik Sense server?

Hi,

I have a load script with section access and it loads ok on the Sense server and everything seems to be allright. I try to open single view with qlik ticket I'm able to get via API with UserId-attribute linked to the USERID in my load script. It starts to open the view when I try to open it with the ticket and I can see that login access user is created to the QMC -> Users (so the ticket is consumed), but when the view is opened, there comes "Access denied (null)" error and then an error with a message "No object with Id xxxx1 found".

What does this message mean and is there a log from where I could see what's happening?

BR, Petteri

5 Replies
alextimofeyev
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Petteri,

I seem to have a similar issue. Are you using one user to log in on the server and a different user to log in with the ticket?

Alex

arasantorule
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Petteri,

I believe, the ticket is consumed because the user has logged in to the access point. But the error occurs when you/API try to access the application.

Can you please provide more details on this.

Thanks.

alextimofeyev
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I think I found the reason for the issue I was experiencing. My QS version is 2.03, and this is from the 2.04 release notes (bug fixes):

Section Access - Access Denied using GROUP attribute for USERID with special characters Jira issue ID: QLIK-39389, QLIK-40021 If special characters, such as @, are used in a USERID of a user included in a GROUP, the user is denied access.

alextimofeyev
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi petteri.ainohealth,

were you able to resolve your problem. In my case, update to QS 2.0.6 did the trick.

Alex

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

thanks for your answers but I got it now working. I hadn't realized that I have to add also the user directory information in to the beginning of the USERID when I create the custom USERID from my database table user_id e.g.:

LOAD

'USERDIRECTORY_XYZ\' & Upper(user_id) as USERID, ...

and then include the same user directory to the JSON calling the ticket, e.g.:

{

"UserDirectory":"USERDIRECTORY_XYZ",

"UserId":"87234"

}

And now when my web app receives the ticket and when I open a view in my web app where I've embedded Qlik-sheet to iframe, it works ok and the user that has logged in to my web app can only access his/her data!

-Petteri