Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sense .NET API, QMC configurations needed?

Do you need to do some configuration in QMC or your local Windows settings to get your .NET Windowsforms to connect to Sense?

I have read the Betahelp for Sense API, but I cannot seem to get around the error, everything compiles fine but I keep geeting a Sockets.SocketException which says 'no connection could be made because target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:4848'

Turned off firewall and went through QMC but nothing, I did notice that the port for Engine in QMC is 4747, not 4848, but I guess that's the way it should be.

Any advice? Have anyone tried the .NET API for Sense and have a short and sweet code example to share

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If you are accessing a remote server and have a local Qlik Sense installed you need to add your local computer to the "Websocket origin white list" in the remote QMC.

Add your full computer name here:

QMC -> Proxies -> (Edit Proxy) -> Default proxy Properties -> Websocket origin white list

The missing white-list entry should be visible in the server logs. it has to do with the Origin header sent to the server is defined as the computer running the code, not the server you are talking to.

When you run Qlik Sense in a browser the code originates from the server and the Origin header is defined as the server. the server is automatically added to the white-list on installation.

See https://help.qlik.com/sense/en-US/online/index.html#../Subsystems/Qlik_Management_Console_help/Conte... for more information.

Not applicable
Author

So in the end, it turned out that by pointing the Uri to port 443 I managed to connect, port 4747 never worked whatever I did in QMC.

Not applicable
Author

I believe you can remove the port number from the uri when connecting via proxy.