Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Integration, Extensions, & APIs

Discussion board where members can learn more about Integration, Extensions and API’s for Qlik Sense.

Not applicable

Sense extension properties description

Is it possible to have a text description for items within a section of the properties panel in a Qlik Sense visualization extension?

I have not come across anything like this in the Qlik Sense Developers Help, which states that custom properties may be of the following types:

• String
  • Integer
  • Number
  • Check box
  • Drop down
  • Radio button
  • Switch
  • Slider
  • Range-slider

Considering the absence of tooltips for individual items in the properties panel, I think it would be great to be able to provide a brief description of properties within a section:

props.png

Is there a way to accomplish anything like this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Employee
Employee

Re: Sense extension properties description

Hi,

this is currently not supported, but I take your request to the desired improvements we'd like to add.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Stefan

--

Please mark the appropriate replies as correct or helpful so our team and other members know that your question has been answered to your satisfaction.

6 Replies
Employee
Employee

Hi,

have a look at qliksense-extension-tutorial/06-Introduction-to-Using-Properties.md at master · stefanwalther/qlikse...

Hope this helps,

Regards

Stefan

--

Please mark the appropriate replies as correct or helpful so our team and other members know that your question has been answered to your satisfaction.

Not applicable

Thanks for replying, Stefan.  Your tutorial is a really great reference! 

However, l still cannot find anything that describes how to achieve what I am thinking.  I would like to have some text under a section header that describes the properties within the section – like a label that is not attached to any properties.  Here is a mockup of the idea:

text_desc.png

I think it would be useful to have a "description" property for a section header in addition to the "label" property.

Employee
Employee

Hi,

this is currently not supported, but I take your request to the desired improvements we'd like to add.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Stefan

--

Not applicable

Thanks, Stefan.  I think it could provide extension users with a quick reference that could save the effort of having to refer to documentation all of the time.

Employee
Employee

Hi, sorry, don't get what you are suggesting.

Not applicable

Hi Stefan,

Sorry for the confusion.  I just meant that having a brief description for an extension's properties under a section heading might improve the user experience.  It would be easier for a new user to learn how to use an extension quickly if a few hints were provided in the accordion menu.

Community Browser